I am Michelle McCleary, President of the Metro NY Chapter of the National Black MBA Association.
On behalf of the Chapter and our board, we would like to thank you for your continued support and look forward to serving you as leaders of this great Chapter.
Our Chapter does a lot of great work with our corporate partners, for our members, and in our communities. With hundreds of financial members and a supporter base of nearly 5,000, it is important for us to have some key focus areas for 2014:
- 1. Deepen our Chapter’s relationships with corporate partners by securing more professional development opportunities for our diverse and talented members.
- 2. Strengthen our high school mentoring program, College Awareness Symbolizes Hope (C.A.S.H.), by creating a President’s committee to fundraise and launch more demanding and meaningful development opportunities for both students AND mentors.
- 3. Forge a strong mentor/mentee relationship between MBA candidates and graduates, entrepreneurs, and minority small business owners in New York City.
- 4. Create more opportunities for our members to meet and support each other.
- 5. My biggest dream is to build a pathway to the White House. The goal of President Obama’s initiative “My Brother’s Keeper” is in line with the work that our youth program C.A.S.H, has been doing for more than twenty years.